First of all – I really did not feel like getting out today, but I’m so glad that I did. I truly enjoyed my time with my kids, my niece and my friends from school. We visited the very funky, very cool UCM Museum in Abita Springs, played in the splash park, then had an outstanding pizza at the always entertaining & delicious Momma D’s.
I’ve been having lots of questions lately, and the answers are not coming very quickly. ( I am praying about them – well most of them)
1. Is there anything worthwhile or morally redeeming on television? What little there is – can it be worth $100 a month? I was watching something last night on tv, got up, left the room to get something then came back. The programming had changed. What was on the Family Channel (Hello!) was so offensive, I won’t even honor it with further comment!
2. How can we make cutbacks as a family to live more simply? This world is so full of STUFF. We don’t need so much stuff! (And groceries are sooooo expensive!)
3. Should I keep utilizing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress, etc., or is it a waste of time that could be better used? I joined these as an evangelization tool. I suspect that the only people who are tuning in are those who do not need evangelizing (You know, preaching to the choir). Sometimes I enjoy this distraction, and sometimes I honestly find it all overwhelming.
4. Some of the walls in our house need touching up, but we are out of touch up paint – perfect time to choose a new color – but which one(s)? Do I really want to spend my treasured free time during the summer painting? Ugh.
5. Should I attend this 2 year program I’ve been “nominated” to take in order to become a commissioned lay church minister? Am I not cooperating with God’s plan if I refuse? Does He even want this for me?
6. Should I cancel my YMCA membership or make myself go and use it? I seem to have lost my motivation and steam. I want a fit body, but don’t really want to have to work hard at it. I’m ashamed to say that I lack discipline.
Guess I have more praying to do:)
Are you wrestling with some nagging questions right now, too?